Dog Parks are on the news here in my neighborhood. There are some people petitioning for a play park for our furry family members. Good idea. I would like to take mine when there are no dogs so he can run and run, which he loves. He is a border collie and loves have the leg room.
Reading about what makes a good special play place for dogs, I discovered some good suggestions and things for us to think about before taking are furry friends out for a play.
- have materials to clean up after your pet ie: trash cans and some good reliable plastic bags.
- make sure there is drinking water and shade
- enough space to avoid overcrowding
- separate gates for exit and entrance
- have the gates with a two gate system to prevent pets from getting out of the park and lost
- have some natural visual barrier with the park
- special enclosed areas for smaller dogs
- fun stuff
- no 90% angels to help keep pets from cornering someone else’s pet
- And watch for bullying actions by pet to keep everyone friendly and happy.For more reading look here. More tips to be found here.